Pages

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Fall, beyond Autumn: disappointment.

Books not done:
6

Movies not produced:
2

Ideas not fleshed out:
 NO PEACE MOVEMENT, NO SLEEP, NO RELIEF FROM ANXIETY, NO WAY TO EAT...

Grandchildren not spoilt:
3

Things gone:
most of them

I'm having a hard week in LA, though there are blessings and great weather, no fires here, and my friends and family seem safe...  THE LEAVES ARE FALLING, FALLING, FALLING. 

Trump is POTUS.  Bits feel unraveling.  I just have to let the pieces fall where they may...

I'm exploring an idea for a new heroin addiction treatment:

TRUTH AND CONSEQUENCES. 

or

CUT THE DRAMA SHORTIE

or

I AM SO ANGRY I NEED DRUGS SO I DON'T KILL YOU AND GO TO JAIL FOREVER

or

LIES WE NEVER TOLD, A DANCE.

The truth about heroin addiction is - it's a disease, it's hereditary like cancer, it's terminal like cancer used to be.  People are ashamed to say the word "heroin", like they were ashamed of "cancer".  Now, people survive and thrive as "cancer survivors".  Soon perhaps people will be surviving and thriving as "heroin survivors".  Or will they?

There were about one million heroin users in the U.S. as of 2014, almost three times the number in 2003.   

Deaths related to heroin use have increased five-fold since 2000.  And that's just the people who didn't come back to life.  

Heroin is an Epidemic in this country.  A Terminal Epidemic, so far. 

However, we have just begun to fight!

I am not a heroin user or abuser, and never will be, for those who don't know me and may be reading this blog post possibly.  I hope to hear ideas and input from those who are, or have been, or know someone who is or was...
        http://addictionblog.org/infographics/long-term-effects-of-heroin-addiction-infographic/
getting beyond disappointment.

For you, I'm feeling huge compassion-

thanks,
L





No comments:

Post a Comment